[Toybox] ToT still broken...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Sep 21 12:29:59 PDT 2018

On 09/20/2018 02:46 PM, enh wrote:
> i see you fixed my file.c mistake (but don't appear to have seen my
> patch --- is the list borked again?), but you've introduced a new one
> since:

Just caught up on my email and I don't see your i2c submission in the toybox
folder, looks like gmail's spam filter ate it. Unfortunately gmail's web gui
"upgraded" itself to a new version that's an _order_of_magnitude_ slower than
the previous one (I had to kill the tab and reload it three times to get it to
finally come up without timing out the stylesheet download), so I dunno when
I'll manage to dig down to it.

Great, I no longer have the _option_ to report my moderator request summaries as
"not spam" because it "contains dangerous links". Yes, it is a LEGITIMATE EMAIL
that contains dangerous links. If I can't say "not spam" on them every toybox
message will wind up in spam because of similarity you...

I think I'm going to have to abandon gmail as "too broken to live". I'm not
looking forward to the admin hassle of setting up email somewhere else. (On the
bright side, deleting spam manually is faster than going through the spam folder
on a regular basis and being faced with _mostly_ false positives: half of lkml
seems to be winding up in there. And it would mean I could avoid delivery
failures unsubscribing me from the list weekly...)

In the meantime, hitting the "report not spam" button over and over and over...