[Toybox] android sitrep

enh enh at google.com
Fri Dec 20 15:14:36 PST 2019

uname
uniq
unix2dos
wc
which
whoami
xargs
xxd

the recent switch back to toybox xargs (including for the separate
kernel builds, that are trying to become hermetic too) seems to have
stuck.

i moved realpath over this week after realizing that -s and
--relative-to aren't actually used in the build proper; they're used
by tools that folks run locally. it's early days, but hopefully
that'll stick too.

so what's left?

dd - i've tested with the current toybox dd, and everything seems
fine, but it's still in pending/.
diff - in pending, and a few missing options. i haven't bothered
working on those in my spare time because there's always been
something closer to being finished.
expr - in pending; needs unary + but seems likely to be completely rewritten?
fuser - unwritten.
getopt - in pending.
gzip - erm, not sure how i missed this one actually... investigating
whether there's anything left to do for gzip seems like a good
non-disruptive way to spend the last working afternoon of the year :-)
hexdump - unwritten.
lsof - in pending (but since this is for human consumption and only
run on failure, i might just do this anyway).
patch - i sent out a patch earlier this morning that seems to be
sufficient, so i'll look at switching that over first thing next year.
pstree - unwritten.
tr - i've tested with the current toybox tr, and everything seems
fine, but it's still in pending/.

unrelated, i'll send my readelf this weekend, and i'll try to at least
get my hexedit changes sent out over the break too...