[Toybox] FreeBSD issues

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 16 13:48:27 PST 2019

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 at 13:35, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> On 1/16/19 11:53 AM, Ed Maste wrote:
> > Indeed, mine has 'FORCED_FLAG' instead of '1':
> > #define FLAG_x (FORCED_FLAG<<0)
>
> That says it's disabled in the config. At the top of flags.h:

Ah, it seems I had run scripts/test.sh chmod afterwards and flags.h
was regenerated. Building grep again results in a FOR_grep section
identical to yours.

It also seems I must have had some strange breakage in my tree - after
rebuilding it seems OK:
% echo 'abcdef' | ./toybox grep -q abc; echo $?
0

except that the exit code for grepping stdin is still 2 if not found:
% echo 'abcdef' | ./toybox grep -q xyz; echo $?
2

because of the TT.tried == toys.optc clause; in my failing case
TT.tried is 1, toys.optc is 0.