[Toybox] xargs "argument too long"

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jul 6 14:35:20 PDT 2019

On 7/2/19 1:26 PM, enh via Toybox wrote:
> so you'll not like this...

You're right, I do not.

> as far as i can tell, GNU xargs isn't counting those bytes. that's the
> only way i can make sense of the behavior when i add/subtract one from
> the -s argument...

I want a kernel API to query how much environment space exec() can take. I
really, really do...

> _seems_ like a GNU bug, but if no-one's cared/noticed all these years?
> plus the BSD xargs on macOS behaves the same as the GNU one, so
> there's widespread support for not counting the pointers...

I am not currently capable of expressing my disgust in the ascii character set,
and am not up to trying to get thunderbird to understand emoji just now.

Sigh, could you send me a git am patch? I really don't want to check that in
under my own name.

Thanks,