[Toybox] avoiding testing shell builtins

enh enh at google.com
Fri Jun 28 09:43:11 PDT 2019

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 9:31 AM Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> On 6/27/19 1:10 PM, enh wrote:
> > this also fixed the echo test failure. now at 68 passed, 11 failed
> > (though that includes the split test failure that's really just "mksh
> > doesn't support that bash extension").
>
> I'm actively working on a shell that _should_ support the bash extension (which
> is why I used it in the tests), but that's got another month to go before it's
> usable and you're not using it this year even if it's perfect, so...

yeah, sorry about that.

i did wonder about adding a "# TODO: remove when toysh is done". this
actually reminds me of the issues i have running tests on macOS: the
problem there is that the /bin tools are so anemic that many of the
tests fail just because of them. i don't currently have a better idea
than having a "known good" toybox and symlinks, and having that
directory on my path (so the command being tested is coming from the
new toybox, but i can still use toybox rather than the host for the
commands used while testing --- stat being the most obvious example).

i've not been thinking very hard about it though because macOS -- like
"switching to toysh" -- is a problem for another year...