[Toybox] Fwd: Re: Fwd: build help please with toybox

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Nov 23 08:57:18 PST 2019

On 11/22/19 8:58 PM, scsijon wrote:
> Many thanks again Denys for the versions idea, after relooking, there was
> nothing about minimum package versions in their doc's, just packages that need
> to be installed and I had all of them already installed and available and it was
> suppose to build without problems on ubuntu.

I dug up aboriginal linux again recently and got toybox building under that. It
needed some patches, but nothing to the toolchain or kconfig, and I checked most
of the toybox ones in already. (Hence the "older toolchains" in commit
b213f91a0031, and that's the context in which the "trailing slashes in PREFIX
for singlemake" came up too.)

The only package I upgraded was musl from 1.1.12 to 1.1.24. The rest is gcc
4.2.1 and binutils 2.17 from the dawn of time, make-3.81, and it's using linux
4.3 for its kernel headers when building that toolchain. (Only tried it on i686
so far though.)

There really shouldn't be any packages you need to upgrade to build this.