[Toybox] How can I contribute

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Oct 16 15:29:37 PDT 2019

On 10/14/19 3:07 PM, Denys Nykula wrote:
>> saw one of the Toybox talks and wanted to see how I could contribute
>
> Completing landley.net/toybox/cleanup.html on toys/pending/{dhcp,route}.c
> to help them out of pending would be most demanded I think.

That's kind of a high bar, though. :)

Right now toys/posix/ls.c only puts one space between filenames in -C or -x mode
(which is the default output), and I have a todo item to increase that to 2
spaces (which is what other implementations do). The reason is I misunderstood
how unicode worked and it turns out combining characters don't come _after_ the
character they combine with but before, which means a filename that ends with a
combining character will attach to the space after the filename, and thus make
two filenames visually run together unless you have a two space gap. The loop
that needs adjusting is probably the one starting around line 401, I don't
_think_ tests/ls.test cares (since it has to pass with TEST_HOST and the host
version generally uses different spacing anyway), but make sure that still passes.

Or, I just taught xargs to ignore -P but it would be nice if somebody actually
implemented that instead of ignoring it.