[Toybox] Fwd: hexedit uses VT-420 scroll ctrl sequences which dont work on tty1

Jarno Mäkipää jmakip87 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 11:59:17 PDT 2019

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 8:23 PM Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> On 9/24/19 1:18 AM, Jarno Mäkipää wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I now tested to run hexedit in tmux: downscroll works but upscroll does not...
> > Well we might say its tmux fault, but lots of people use tmux nowadays.
> > And this behavior seemed to be same in framebuffer console and xterms...
>
> I have a todo item to write a screen for toybox. I'll make sure this works
> there. If you want to submit a bug report to the old one, have at.
>
> No, I am not redrawing the screen every time you scroll up. If hexedit isn't
> usable in some broken environments, I'm ok with that.
>
> Rob

Well my original intention was to ask is it ok to use S and T escapes in vi

Running hexedit inside gnu screen seems to fix scrolling everywhere I
tested, and ironically tmux sets up $TERM=screen and breaks
functionality even inside xterm.

Perhaps I try to figure is there any other way to scroll up without
drawing whole page every line moved...

-Jarno