[Toybox] Android R apps can't call system toybox?

Denys Nykula nykula at ukr.net
Sun Mar 15 15:18:10 PDT 2020

15 March 2020, 21:04:35 "Rob Landley" <rob at landley.net>:
> Why are you asking _me_ about this? Post it to the list. The restriction is an
> Android thing, not a toybox thing.
>
> I've said a dozen times that I want to convince android to create a posix
> container within which you can run binaries you build.
>
> ... good luck?

Thanks. Of course I remember your writeups about posix containers. Was
wondering that maybe some of the changes you commit to toybox you might
have written on your phone and made some script for immediate testing
while containers aren't there yet. Unlikely but possible. Closest thing
of which I read is github.com/proot-me/proot.

Wrote directly because it's not a toybox thing but an "android device
as a generic build host" thing, and I don't know if there's a list
for this topic anywhere.