[Toybox] Phone docking stations for general purpose computing.

Jarno Mäkipää jmakip87 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 07:21:32 PDT 2020

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 3:41 PM David Seikel
<onefang_toybox at dave.isageek.net> wrote:

> On 2020-05-17 20:42:05, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Hey Elliott, USB-C to HDMI adapters are going for $5 now. If I grabbed something
> > like https://www.ebay.com/i/312982429778 or https://www.ebay.com/i/302957153131
> > or any of the dozen others, and plugged that and my pixel 3a into the same usb-c
> > hub, could I get the display on my TV and if so what would I need to do?

I have pixel 3a and usb-c docking station for laptop. Docking station
has 1 hdmi and 2 display ports, and few usb ports, lan etc... With
quick 'plug and pray' test I could not get displays to work, but USB
keyboard works nicely. Googling problem points to few msg boards that
say Nexus 5 was last google phone supporting video output on usb-c but
cant find any reliable source for information.

Chromecast could be used to share screen. Having keyboard and mice
working is at least something.

-Jarno