[Toybox] toysh vs dash

scsijon scsijon at lamiaworks.com
Thu Oct 22 03:05:29 PDT 2020

Just wondering if toysh will be able to replace dash.

I'm looking at nenuzhnix (https://github.com/tpimh/nenuzhnix) at
present, known as the most useless linux distro which uses both toybox
and dash. Nenuzhnix is one of a kind because of the very specific set of
software it is built of/with. Unlike most linux distros nenuzhnix is
built of "unpopular" software, and  the most special thing about
nenuzhnix is it's llvm-based toolchain called ngtc and is a musl build.

Strangely i'm not spruking it, even if it sounds like it, I just want to
know if toysh can relace dash so we can plan the removal of another
package when the time comes, and also kmod when modprobe and maybe
depmod have been finished and also incorperated in toybox as the rest of
kmod has already been added.

thanks and have a safe time in Japan.

scsijon