[Toybox] tar test failures

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Oct 2 22:31:56 PDT 2020

On 10/2/20 11:47 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 10/2/20 4:13 PM, enh via Toybox wrote:
>> bonus question: why didn't the toybox CI catch this? looks like the tar tests
>> aren't being run there for some reason, despite the `make
>> defconfig`? https://github.com/landley/toybox/runs/1196859091
>>
>> ah, it's the "missing execute permission on the .test file" issue again. isn't
>> that a bug for everything not in pending?
>
> Yes and no. I was using +x to indicate the test itself is essentially in
> pending, and a lot of TESTS need work even when the command itself has been
> promoted. For example, tar.tests has a big "if false" block at the end with a
> bunch of TODO comments on tests I should add, but haven't yet.

When the caller passed in extra allocation size (so the caller can append more
data to the dirtree_path() result) it wasn't subtracting it back out, so wasn't
returning the start of the allocation. (The non-recursive version advances to
the end of the string and fills it in backwards as it follows the linked list up
the tree, ending back at the start of the string when it does the math right.)

I ran test_find, which doesn't pass in extra allocation size. Sigh...