[Toybox] watchdog: Can't call daemon() on nommu

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Oct 22 18:09:53 PDT 2020

On 10/22/20 5:49 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 10/21/20 4:24 AM, Patrick Oppenlander wrote:
>> Sure, but..
>>
>> $ watchdog -F &
>>
>> works on nommu
>
> So I'm poking at a vfork() based xvdaemon() with nommu support, and the ONLY
> caller of daemon() without 0,0 arguments is watchdog.
>
> I think not closing stdin/stdout/stderr is irrelevant here (it doesn't use them
> afterwards? Do you WANT it to stay attached to the tty in -F mode?), but the no
> chroot("/") is my question:
>
> Do you want to support relative DEV arguments in the watchdog command?

On the assumption we _don't_, I've checked in the new xvdaemon() function and
moved watchdog and sntp over to it.

It doesn't work with qemu application emulation:

  $ qemu-sh4eb ./skeleton
  before 21444 3
  qemu: no user program specified

Apparently exec /proc/self/exe confuses qemu. :P

But other than that, it SEEMS to work? (Yes, I keep delaying the release for
tweaks...)