[Toybox] vi

Jarno Mäkipää jmakip87 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 12:38:36 PDT 2021

Hello

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 9:32 PM Frank Liu <gfrankliu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure how far we are on the vi in toybox. Just enabled it in the build and tried:

vi is still unfinished, it can be used to modify some text files
sometimes successfully.

> "vi" alone gives:
> Floating point exception (core dumped)
>
> touch newfile; vi newfile
> vi: mmap: Invalid argument

This seems to be regression. I did git bisect and
0b6757da5d84a7cdd903099aefd2ff7fe668705c started giving me these
errors.

Earlier versions such as cae14933a6b32bc7260964439f9def316c7520ba
seems to work for me.

> vi existing_non_empty_file
> seems to work
> I normally use Space key to navigate to the right but that doesn't seem to work, I have to use l key or right arrow key.
> :1  doesn't bring me to line 1 (:number doesn't seem to work).

Most keycommands are still unimplemented, and some implemented ones
may work incorrectly. Basic browsing of text file and some simple edit
commands work.

> Thanks!
> Frank

br