[Toybox] WGET: OpenSSL and BoringSSL Patch

Eric Molitor emolitor at molitor.org
Fri Oct 29 11:59:26 PDT 2021

I suspect having basic ssl_init, ssl_read, ssl_write, ssl_close would be
useful for quite a few use cases. I had thought about that earlier in the
week but it seemed like something to consider when implementing a second
use case.

Denny's stuff is interesting, I do prefer Thomas Pornins BearSSL
implementation but it's an Apples / Oranges comparison. Constant time
security focused and small vs Denny's make it as small as possible,
reducing security and validation along the way. But Thomas's development on
BearSSL has slowed to a crawl since he started developing new crypto
routines and looking at compression. Even so, BearSSL is still the only TLS
implementation that I know of (other than maybe WolfSSL) which has
withstood the various recent timing attacks.

Looking forward to your cleanup. I always learn something when you do so.

- Eric