[Toybox] [New Toy] hexdump/hd

Moritz Röhrich moritz at ildefons.de
Sat Sep 25 16:34:03 PDT 2021

Dear Mr Landley,

attached is a patch for a naive hexdump implementation. It can do hexadecimal,
octal, decimal and printable character output and will concatenate the input
if given multiple files. It also comes with some tests. I hope it meets quality
expectations, and I'd greatly appreciate feedback.

On a different note, I have been playing with lcov and toybox lately and it does
not seem to pick up coverage data correctly. For some commands it seems to work
ok, but for most commands it thinks the code never gets executed. Is this a
known issue? Are there linker or compiler knobs that need to be turned to give
correct coverage data?

Best regards, Moritz Röhrich