[Toybox] Pending todoness.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Sep 25 18:43:14 PDT 2021

On 9/25/21 3:02 PM, enh wrote:
> macOS prints "Darwin", which i assumed was what you wanted? (the built-in macOS
> uname doesn't have -o.)

That's the kernel type. (Default output is -s.)

Added help text describing -o as the userspace type. Made it just always say
"Toybox".

I ripped out the #ifdef hack from the dawn of time (back when I left busybox)
and added "linux32" (a kernel level hack from 2001, introduced in 2.1.115pre3).
Which means there's a new "linux32" command (didn't make that up, it's on debian
already) which probably doesn't build on macos? I stuck it in uname.c because
literally all it does is tell uname to lie (man page even says so), but macos
probably hasn't got the header, the function, or the macro. (Even though it's
sys/personality.h rather than linux/personality.h, it SMELLS like a linux/
header. Certainly not in posix.)

I.E. It might need to have the #include moved, and a function prototype and
macro #define in the #else case. Lemme know if that's the case. (I would have
already, but... sys? Where did they get sys/ from?)