[Toybox] Release 0.8.8 is out.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Aug 12 13:44:25 PDT 2022

It's up, less than a full week late.

No new commands this time. (Most of the delay was the vain hope I could get diff
and dd ready in time, but... not even close.)

Rob

P.S. I cheated slightly and generated the help.html and status.html pages from
the x86-64 binary I uploaded this time, which comes from mkroot, which isn't
QUITE defconfig because that adds two commands (sh and route) to the defconfig
it builds. (Longstanding todo to fix it, working on it already for the shell...)

And what that showed me is looking at https://landley.net/toybox/html.html it's
a little awkward to have command aliases be in the help -ah list. The first
thing in the list with the shell enabled are the "-bash", "-sh", and "-toysh"
aliases which I really would rather not have to explain to people. (Some legacy
thing from the 1970s with sysvinit calling login shells interacting badly with
command multiplexers wanting to know what a command is called. The bash man
page's invocation section says "A login shell is one whose first character of
argument zero is a -, or one started with the --login option.")

Anyway, possibly I should filter out some aliases from the help -a output?
(Maybe just the entries starting with punctuation...)