[Toybox] kernel patch waffling

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Dec 19 10:14:47 PST 2022

So a commit I've ALMOST checked in for an embarassingly long time now has the

  Remove unneeded commands from mkroot build airlock.

  6.1 kernel doesn't need "diff dd ar less xzcat unxz", and patches to remove
  bc and gcc are at https://github.com/landley/linux/commits/mkroot-6.1

The commit also removes the two sed invocations in mkroot.sh that modify the
kernel source, because the tree contains those changes as proper patches that
can be ignored by the linux kernel mailing list.

All this stuff has previously been submitted to lkml, and I've got a few more
patches I'll probably append to it, but the question I'm going back and forth on
is whether mkroot should still build vanilla kernel source, or whether it should
expect to build my branch that has the cleanup patches.

Hmmm...

Rob

P.S. Yes this has been holding up the release.