[Toybox] tar --null

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jul 19 07:04:47 PDT 2022

On 7/18/22 19:02, enh wrote:>     ack. i tried to take an update but hit another
-Werror=format-security issue
>     with one of your diff.c changes. i've sent a patch (and a separate patch to
>     add that -Werror= to the default toybox configure, since that's one we
>     always have to fix in the end anyway; may as well catch them fresh?).
>
>     i'll try again tomorrow... (i want to try to use `timeout -i` too!)
>
> heh, this doesn't seem intentional (especially because it happens without `-i`),
> but it wasn't obvious to me what the fix is?
>
> ~/toybox$ time ./toybox timeout -s SEGV 10 ./foo
> timeout: exec ./foo: No such file or directory
>
> real 0m10.035s
> user 0m0.009s
> sys 0m0.013s

It isn't? If the child process exits, the pipe should close? Even if SIGCHLD is
delivered before we can set the signal handler, that shouldn't... zombie process...

Lemme get back to you on this. There's is an elderly cat.