[Toybox] zlib

enh enh at google.com
Mon Nov 28 18:19:03 PST 2022

(you mentioned this on your blog recently)

fwiw, you can't and shouldn't rely on the exact bits coming out of zlib in
general anyway... especially if you enable the optimizations. we've hit
this several times already, and other parts of Google have too. typically
it only affects tests anyway, not real usage (and we're actually making an
effort to make it harder to write such tests, with some deliberate
randomization).

so my guess is that that's probably fine, and -- at least if you're
comparing against (say) optimized arm64, optimized x86-64, and portable C
"upstream" -- unavoidable anyway.