[Toybox] toybox.cp usage for preserving SMACK attributes

Lokesh Chandra Kumar lokeshmit.cse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 16:11:10 PDT 2023

Hello all,

I am currently using toybox (version 0.8.6) to copy files in an embedded
device, but the cp seems to be not preserving SMACK attributes for
intermediate directories while doing the copy.

This is the command I run,

cp -a --preserve=all --parents <abs path to source file or folder>
<destination directory>

What I see is that the final file has the correct SMACK attributes, but the
intermediate folders have their SMACK labels reset to "System". Is this a
known issue and is there a suitable patch that I could use to prevent this
issue ?

Thanks in advance !