[Toybox] vi 'b' command broken

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Oct 4 17:03:12 PDT 2023

On 10/4/23 13:51, enh via Toybox wrote:
> (since it looks like there are folks actively working on vi atm...)
>
> looks like 'b' goes to the _end_ of the _previous_ word, rather than
> the beginning of the current word?

There's no 'b' but there is a "b" (which is weird because all the vi_mov_param
are chars so why is that a string) which dispatches to vi_movb() which is
multiplying count0 by count1. What ARE count0 and count1? The only caller of
vi_movs[] is run_vi_command() which is passing in TT.count0 and TT.count1 as
global variables, which are only ever used locally in vi_run_command(), and
which are initialized to 0 at the start of the function and then that's assigned
over without ever being used by TT.count0 = val 11 lines later (assuming
strtol() didn't use the value, we didn't call any other functions)...

And I'm backing slowly away from this Thing That Needs Focus To Clean Up. Gotta
close the open cans of worms first, thanks...