[Toybox] vi 'b' command broken

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Oct 11 03:26:31 PDT 2023

On 10/6/23 05:05, Rob Landley wrote:
> Apparently the widest unicode characters are:
>
> 1. ﷽
>
> 2. 𒐫
>
> 3. 𒈙
>
> 4. ⸻
>
> 5. ꧅
>
> The first 4 of which xfce's terminal does NOT like. And thunderbird fits the
> first one in 3 columns while vim's giving it... 9 I think.

And trying to add a file with those to the test suite, neither glibc nor musl is
returning wcwidth() for them (it's all 1). And washing the attempt through
ltrace it looks like their unicode code points aren't defined in
https://www.w3.org/TR/xml-entity-names/1D7.html and friends.

Which is odd because the web browser and terminal and so on render them
properly. But if neither glibc nor musl can handle them, I can't add "fold"
tests for them, can I? (Haven't tried bionic, but possibly this is what Elliott
meant when said he used a bigger gui library for this sort of thing...)