[Toybox] Gmail being weird again.

David Seikel onefang_toybox at dave.isageek.net
Mon Feb 5 16:40:12 PST 2024

On 2024-02-05 17:39:33, Mouse wrote:
> > I was mostly offline over the weekend, and gmail refused pop3 this
> > morning [...]
>
> > So I closed the tab and went to other windows, but next time I passed
> > that virtual desktop I clicked "get messages" in thunderbird out of
> > sheer habit... and it worked.  And I can send too.
>
> I suspect gmail is made up of many, many machines, and not just because
> I can't imagine how one machine could handle the load.

I know Yahoo email is like that.  Very unreliable, and I get error
messages from a bunch of different Yahoo servers when it fails to
collect.  It's been doing this for many years.

Like I mentioned in my last email, Yahoo is like Gmail, I'm only using it
for ancient people with my old emails that rarely email me.

My favourite failure notice from Yahoo - "Failure: Success!!".
Considering how often it fails, I can see that actually working might
count as a failure mode.  lol