[Toybox] POSIX 2024 changes

Ray Gardner raygard at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 17:22:26 PDT 2024

On Sat, Jul 27, 2024 at 2:23 PM Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> On 7/23/24 09:13, Ray Gardner wrote:
> > I modified an old HTML diff program by Ian Bicking to run with
> > Python3, and wrote a little shell script to compare the 2018 version of
> > a utility spec to the 2024 version. Run like:
[...]
> > I ran this on the awk spec and got quite a few differences I'll have
> > to review, including some that are obvious editorial errors. I'll try
> > to bring the errors to the attention of someone at the open group.
>
> While you're at it, ask them why there's an awk.html.orig in the new directory?

I reported the editorial errors three days ago and they were fixed by
yesterday. (I was amazed at the response.)
I just looked at awk.html.orig, and it has all the errors corrected
except the formatting of the first table that shows operator
precedence and associativity, so it was an intermediate correction.