[Toybox] awk (was: strlower() bug)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Jun 16 05:36:11 PDT 2024

Sigh, composed a reply on the other laptop but still can't send it from there...

On 6/12/24 16:09, enh wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 4:57 PM Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> yeah, i make a lot of noise, but i don't have any real power :-)

Nah, you just have bigger fish to fry. :)

> (fwiw, there's a second edition just come out. from one-true-awk it
> seems like csv support is the main new feature. amusingly one of the
> errata for the new edition on https://awk.dev/ is a behavioral
> difference between one-true-awk and gawk.)

I tend to drill down fairly deeply into things to be comfortable, and people
have implemented fairly large things in awk as a programming language.

>> with it, <b>toys/posix/grep.c:211:24: warning: 'regexec0' accessing 8 bytes
>> in a region of size 4 [-Wstringop-overflow=]</b>
>> and futher <b>note: referencing argument 5 of type 'regmatch_t[0]'</b>.

1) This only happens for ASAN=1 by the way. (Yes, at compile time.)

2) Changing the prototype from regmatch_t pmatch[] to regmatch_t *pmatch made
the warning go away.

*jazzhands*