[Aboriginal] ulfs-bootstrap, shrinking LFS.

Rob Landley rlandley at parallels.com
Wed Apr 6 03:45:58 PDT 2011

On 04/05/2011 10:06 AM, Alan Post wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 08:24:05PM +1000, David Seikel wrote:
>> BTW, is anyone else on this list, or did you loose them all and I'm
>> the first to find it?  Seems awfully quiet in here.
>>

> I'm here; I have my own Aboriginal Linux project.  It is slow
> going, so I'm bursty writing the list.
>
> -Alan

In the past week I got email from Alessio and John Bosch.

I finally managed to forward Alessio's email to the list after several
attempts.  That conversation continued off-list for a while and my
pending todo item from it is fix armv6l, which got broken by a kernel
upgrade and the _proper_ fix is probably to stop hacking the versatile
board but to actually use one of the other arm board emulations that
qemu now supports.  What I'm REALLY waiting for is for
http://people.canonical.com/~jk/dt-workshop/ to actually get all nicely
merged upstream.  Device tree support just went in for x86 in Linus's
tree, I'd call that a good sign...)

John Bosch was on the old list, he had a problem due to using too old a
qemu version, then had a native package build fail because #!/bin/sh
still points to hush last release, my bad, regression due to separating
the root filesystem build into simple-root-filesystem and
native-compiler combined by root-filesystem.sh.  (I fixed it in hg 1332
but haven't cut a release yet.)  I pointed him at the do_in_chroot
stuff, and I really need to move that into the base image and properly
document it.

The usual.  As much or more traffic off-list as on it.  I'm trying to
fix that, but since just about all the commits are by me, I can't really
blame 'em... :)