[Aboriginal] undefined reference to `finite'

Rob Landley rlandley at parallels.com
Thu Apr 7 16:40:56 PDT 2011

On 04/07/2011 10:17 AM, David Seikel wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 23:21:34 +1000 David Seikel <onefang at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> That did the trick.  All the libraries and development tools I think
> I'll need are now compiled.  YAY!!
>
> Got it all in a modified version of lfs-bootstrap, so that's the entire
> thing automated.  The actual application itself can be handled by just
> one more small build script added to the end of that bootstrap.  It was
> all very easy thanks to Aboriginal Linux.  I'm ahead of schedule.

Glad it worked for you. :)

>>> By the way, have you read this yet?
>>>
>>>   http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/tiny/teensy.html
>>>
>>> One of the best quick and dirty "get familiar with elf file format"
>>> things I've seen...
>>
>> Nope, but I'll look at it later.
>
> Very interesting read.  Would have been magical if he had been able to
> squeeze a little more and get the total executable size down to 42
> bytes.

Alas, he hit hard limits.  I should retry this on current 2.6 and see if
the elf interpreter these days works the same way.

Also, last year I was poking at the kernel's elf interpreter and the
uClibc dynamic linker:

  http://landley.net/notes-2010.html#15-07-2010

I should really go back and write some proper documentation for all
that, but as with so many things my todo list sort of composts as new
layers get thrown on top of the previous priorities faster than I
actually do them.  Some stuff bubbles back up to the surface and others
sink for years at a time...

(Currently the x86_64 target isn't working with uClibc-1.0-rc3 because
it claims some code it's trying to suck into libc.so.0 didn't get built
with -fpic.  Yet more todo items to track down...)