[Aboriginal] (No subject header)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Apr 8 22:55:02 PDT 2011

On 04/09/2011 12:39 AM, Milton Miller wrote:
> On Wed Apr 6 about 23:33:57 PDT 2011, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
>> * Where is the hg clone URL for Aboriginal Linux?
>> BTW, If you're considering setting up a git repo (I saw an email the
>> other day), maybe this helps: http://hg-git.github.com/
>
> Actullay I have some hg repositories at work and the one thing I find
> lacking is hg view doesn't let me filter on a set of paths like gitk.
> Anyways, I found this suited my needs better:
>
> 	git://repo.or.cz/fast-export.git

A project web page would be nice.  I have to pull up git to clone that
repo and then browse it from the command line, which is enough work to
put it on my todo list instead of me doing it right now.

> Its written in python and imports the Mercurial objects to access hg
> data then feeds it though a pipe to git to write its .pack file; it
> doesn't require third party libraries to be compiled and installed
> or try to write git files directly.
>
> Exporting the entire Aboriginal tree with git init; hg-fast-export.sh
> took 7 seconds on my laptop and a git repack -a -f took less than 2 and
> reduced the object store from 5k blocks to about 2K.  (I let the .git
> sit next to .hg and therefore don't need any args, just .git in .hginore).
>
> milton

Ooh, that's nice.

How is it about making on repo track another?  Can it do incremental
updates, or if I re-covert the repo will it generate the same sha1sums
each time?