[Aboriginal] ulfs-bootstrap, shrinking LFS.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 02:20:28 PDT 2011

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 19:21:05 -0500 Rob Landley <rlandley at parallels.com>
wrote:

> On 04/07/2011 04:36 PM, David Seikel wrote:
> > Want me to send you the few BLFS scripts I made for my project?
>
> Sure. :)

They should be attached as text/plain, let's see if that gets it past
the various spam filters.

I think the only dependency is mc depending on glib.  For the record I
compile them in this order (after the LFS stage) - glib, mc, libjpeg,
libpng, freetype.  I actually interleave parts of EFL with that build
order, but could build them all before EFL.  I was using a just in time
policy of what to compile when, as a quick and dirty dependency
documentation.  More of BLFS is supported by EFL as optional
dependencies, I just don't think I will need them.

Midnight commander I added cos I often use that as my IDE.  Works well
over ssh.  I remember a few from the old mailing list wanted that to.
Glib may or may not be needed for my final app, but is needed for mc.
EFL includes support for it, but it's optional.  I'll just see if it
makes anything easier later.

> >> I hope the orthogonal layers of the build system are reasonable to
> >> audit separately. :)
> >
> > The theory I'm going with is - it's mostly well known open source
> > packages, audit labs probably only really have to look at my patches
> > and my code.
>
> What they need to do and what they feel comfortable doing may be
> different things.  (As I said, security nuts love busybox.)

This is Australia, she'll be right mate.  B-)

At any rate, the smaller the system, the better the automation, and the
better documented it is, the happier we all will be.