[Aboriginal] Couple of bugs.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 05:12:37 PDT 2011

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 19:11:47 -0500 Rob Landley <rlandley at parallels.com>
wrote:

> On 04/07/2011 04:21 PM, David Seikel wrote:
> > When using SYSIMAGE_TYPE=ext2 (or anything that is not squashfs),
> > then the squashfs stuff is not built.  The bootstrap stuff still
> > tries to use the non existent mksquashfs though.
>
> Argh.  Yeah, that's a problem.
>
> > The bootstrap tarballs are being named foo.tar.gz-i486.
>
> Um, details?  (I haven't seen that one.)

In sources/control-images/bootstrap-skeleton/mnt/functions.sh there is
this -

upload_result()
{
  ftpput $FTP_SERVER -P $FTP_PORT "$1-$HOST" "$1"
}

The "$1-$HOST" part adds the target platform (in my case i486) at the
end of the tarball name.  So it comes AFTER the .tar.gz part of the
name.  That part of the file name should be added in during the tar
command in init.sh.

> > Both easy enough to fix, and you might have done so already anyway.
> > This is with the last release.
>
> The first one's a design issue, which makes it tricky.

<snip>

> Hmmm...  host-tools is already building distcc, which also isn't
> really part of the build.  I suppose squashfs can become
> unconditional...  but it's ugly.  Lemme think if there's a better way
> to do this.  (I'd already have split control image building out if it
> didn't need to use sources/download_functions.sh...)

I would fix it up the other way.  This problem happens when the user is
asking for ext2 images.  So the control images should honour that and
make ext2 images.  Then it does not matter that mksquashfs is not
built, the user did not want it anyway.

Having said that, my quick and dirty hack to get back to working has to
make mksquashfs unconditionally built.  I'm leaving a proper fix up to
you.  At least until I sort out how I'm gonna make a bootable image
file I can just dd to a CF card; one that includes multiple
partitions.  I'm not liking the options for doing that so far.