[Aboriginal] Couple of bugs.

Rob Landley rlandley at parallels.com
Sun Apr 10 04:35:47 PDT 2011

On 04/10/2011 06:03 AM, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
> On 10 April 2011 08:11, Rob Landley <rlandley at parallels.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>> You
>> could almost make a universal bootloader out of u-boot, but since it
>> went GPLv3 it doesn't count anymore.  Since QEMU _has_ a built in
>> universal bootloader with the -kernel option, I declared victory and
>> moved on...)
>
> Latest u-boot git still seems to be GPLv2 (according to u-boot/COPYING).
> Wolfgang Denk has said that moving to GPLv3 is a long term goal:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg16799.html
>
> (near the bottom of the page, search for "Long term goal")
>
> Best regards
> Bjørn Forsman

Oh good.  I was going by this:

http://tree.celinuxforum.org/pipermail/celinux-dev/2009-December/001901.html

That's why I never followed up on:

http://tree.celinuxforum.org/pipermail/celinux-dev/2010-October/002056.html

(I note that I am still unlikely to do so, but if somebody ELSE wanted
to...)

I also note that I haven't had a chance to play with this yet either:

http://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/devicetree-discuss/2011-March/005112.html

(You may have noticed that my todo list is essentially a giant compost
heap upon which I perform arachaeological digs.)