[Aboriginal] Using native-build.sh for An Android native C compiler

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jul 16 11:18:05 PDT 2011

On 07/16/2011 12:59 PM, Earlence Fernandes wrote:
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> 1. gb is custom software (sorry I should have made a note of that).
> 2. I rewrote a simple program with one line
>
> void *dlh = dlopen("/system/lib/libc.so", RTLD_NOW);

Um, question: is that bionic's libc you're attempting to dlopen?  (It's
an ELF binary, right?  What does readelf -a say about it?  Note that
attemting to dlopen() a linker script may not end well.)

Have you tried to dlopen() one of the other shared libraries that comes
with uClibc just to make sure that the issue is dlopen() and not it
being really confused by that particular library?

> I tried it on my build - same problem. seg fault.
> I tried it with the build you sent me, same problem - seg faults again.
>
> Is it possible to write a program precompiled with Android's dynamic
> linker that will bootstrap the uclibc version? (I know going off topic
> here).

I don't understand what you're trying to do there, could you explain?
(You can exec one program from another, if that's what you mean by
boostrap.)

> Or would it be possible to link the program against android ldl.a in the
> first place?

I expect it's possible to link it, whether the result would work
involves knowing more about android than I do.