[Aboriginal] Would Aboriginal fit my needs?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jun 25 07:17:45 PDT 2011

On 06/24/2011 08:13 PM, David Seikel wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 19:28:10 -0500 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
>
>>> 3) Build target's things from DVCS (in my case I have a big local
>>> git tree with Linux, uClibc and busybox).
>>
>> Natively build, you mean?
>>
>> What do you mean by "DVCS"?
>>
>>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVCS
>
> I suspect he means building out of tree from within his git repos.

He has a git repo with the binary output of the build?  (The
root-filesystem-$ARCH files?)

Personally I'd probably try to build git natively within the repo, then
use it to check out source and build that source.  But there are a
zillion potential usage patterns and in theory they all work.  My
project makes a native root filesystem for target that you can build
stuff in.  How you go about doing that is really your affair, although
I'm trying to work up some decent automated examples with the
control-image bootstrap stuff...