[Aboriginal] lsi_scsi: error

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Oct 8 09:09:55 PDT 2011

On 10/06/2011 10:32 PM, John Spencer wrote:
> on the previous version of aboriginal (1.01 ?) armv6l (didn't test 1.1
> yet),
>
> i keep getting the following error/warning, when compiling big stuff, or
> even while extracting gcc 4.5.3 core's tarball (xf only).
> lsi_scsi: error: ORDERED queue not implemented

Huh.  I don't remember that.  It sounds like a kernel issue, some kind
of mismatch between the scsi driver and either the block elevator or
something, but I haven't seen it...

Neither did "find . -type f | xargs grep lsi_scsi" in the current linux
kernel git repo.

> despite the "error", it seems everything works, however it's kinda
> annoying.
> is that a bug in aboriginal or in my local qemu install ?

Ah, there you go.  Doing the find in the qemu source pulls up file
hw/lsi53c895a.c containing:

#define BADF(fmt, ...) \
do { fprintf(stderr, "lsi_scsi: error: " fmt , ## __VA_ARGS__);} while (0)
#endif
        case 0x22: /* ORDERED queue */
            BADF("ORDERED queue not implemented\n");
            s->select_tag |= lsi_get_msgbyte(s) | LSI_TAG_VALID;
            break;

The messages come from qemu.  Might want to poke their mailing list
about it.

Since it's going to stderr, you could try running qemu with 2>/dev/null
(since everything written to the linux console goes to the emulator's
stdout, and thus anything qemu writes to stderr can't have come from
Linux.  Even if Linux internally wrote it to stderr. :)

> "QEMU emulator version 0.13.91, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard"

I note that 0.15.0 is out.  Doesn't look like it fixes this bug, though.