[Aboriginal] lsi_scsi: error

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Oct 10 10:49:16 PDT 2011

On 10/09/2011 08:08 PM, John Spencer wrote:
>>> possibly there is some kernel switch which could be used to disable
>>> usage of "ORDERED queue"
>> Apparently the qemu guys have been poking at this:
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-04/msg02307.html
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2010-09/msg01225.html
>>
>> Honestly, they're the people you need to talk to.
>>
> thanks, it is no real problem; everything works despite that.
> won't bother you anymore.

It's not a bother, it's just an "I can't help with this in the time I
have available right now".  I don't understand the guts of SCSI all that
well, mostly due to despising the way scsi bigots keep trying to rout
even ramdisks through the scsi midlayer.

>>> everything seems to work, but possibly it can get still worse.
>>> i guess it's better to disable it until qemu supports it...
>> I'm open to kernel .config changes for the armv6l target.  Currently the
>> board localization in sources/targets/armv6l is:
>>
>> LINUX_CONFIG="
>>
>> # Processor config
>>
>> CONFIG_CPU_V6=y
>> CONFIG_MMU=y
>> CONFIG_ARM_THUMB=y
>> CONFIG_AEABI=y
>> CONFIG_VFP=y
>>
>> # Versatile board
>>
>> CONFIG_ARCH_VERSATILE_PB=y
>> CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY=y
>> CONFIG_SERIAL_NONSTANDARD=y
>> CONFIG_SERIAL_AMBA_PL011=y
>> CONFIG_SERIAL_AMBA_PL011_CONSOLE=y
>> CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PL031=y
>> CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX_2=y
>> CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX_DMA_ADDRESSING_MODE=0
>> CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX_MMIO=y
>> "
>>

> funny, i just c/p'ed that part a few hours earlier into sabotage's
> kernel build script...

You read http://landley.net/aboriginal/FAQ.html#dev_miniconfig already,
right?

>> Have you tried the:
>>
>>    ./dev-environment.sh 2>/dev/null
>>
>> workaround yet?  What's only going to discard error messages
>> _from_qemu_, which seems like what you want...
>
> not yet. will try later once the kernel is built. since it builds since
> about 2.5 hours, i guess it will finish soon... hopefully.

Good luck,