[Aboriginal] New aboriginal miss some headers?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Aug 26 12:23:22 PDT 2012

On 08/25/2012 10:15 AM, Piotr Karbowski wrote:
> Yo, tried new aboriginal and while building busybox inside I got
>
> e2fsprogs/tune2fs.c:11:27: error: linux/ext2_fs.h: No such file or
> directory

As you noticed, that's a change to the linux kernel, new in 3.4.
Specifically commit 4a165d25f63a989d0aabe9d8eed5b3a5d5da1862:

    ext2: No longer export ext2_fs.h to user space

    Since the on-disk format has been stable for quite some time, users
    should either use the headers provided by libext2fs or keep a
    private copy of this header. For the full discussion, see this
    thread:

        https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/3/21/516

Upgrading to current busybox fixes it.

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.