[Aboriginal] 1.2.0 is out!

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Aug 24 06:55:07 PDT 2012

On 08/24/2012 07:35 AM, David Seikel wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 07:09:45 -0500 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
>
>> On 08/24/2012 06:08 AM, David Seikel wrote:
>>> Congratulations, looked like a lot of little battles won.
>>
>> Thanks. Sorry it took so long.
>
> No worries, I know how that is.
>
>>> Though me actually trying this latest version will depend on me
>>> updating my qemu, which will depend on ... well, I got lots of my
>>> own little battles to get through.  lol
>>
>> It should work with current qemu back to around 1.0. Most targets,
>> anyway.
>>
>> 0.12.x and such, not so much. (Because qemu made incompatible changes
>> to some of the board emulations where we can support before or after
>> but not both.)
>
> That's the problem, I'm currently stuck with the 0.12.3 qemu supplied
> with Ubuntu 10.04.  Sometime later this year I'll be updating
> everything, including qemu.  Got a few other things to get through
> before I can do that though.

I just built qemu from source, which defaults to installing itself in
/usr/local/bin, which is before /usr/bin in the search $PATH.

You can even install the nightly snapshot du jour:

  git clone git://qemu.org/qemu
  cd qemu
  ./configure --disable-werror
  make -j 3
  sudo make install

And it should all "just work" without touching the existing qemu (which
you can still access via /usr/bin/qemu).

Not an option?

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.