[Aboriginal] uClibc-0.9.33.2 statfs() does not populate the `f_frsize' field of `struct statfs'

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Dec 27 06:54:53 PST 2012

On 12/26/2012 06:53:51 PM, Rajeev V. Pillai wrote:
> This bug has already been reported to the uClibc Bugzilla system.
>
> On uClibc-0.9.33.2, statfs() does not populate the `f_frsize' field
> of `struct
> statfs' even though it defines _STATFS_F_FRSIZE.

On which architecture?

The code in libc/sysdeps/linux/common/statfs.c is just a trivial
syscall wrapper, there's no marshalling of data back and forth between
kernel/user structures that I noticed. But libc/misc/statfs/statfs64.c
is crazy and stupid and has no reason to exist, what on earth is it
doing? Why is it doing it? The mind boggles.

Right, I can copy one more field in this pointless data marshalling
wrapper. (Long-term: migrating to musl.) In the meantime, something
like the attached?

(What's your use case, by the way? What package did this break?)