[Aboriginal] cpp in the native environment

Tony Tonchev tony at stclaire.com
Wed Feb 1 10:18:28 PST 2012

The existing wrapper does in fact work fine and handles the includes as
you mentioned. In my case, I needed to call the wrapper as "cpp -P -w -x
c -o file.out file.in" which is synonymous in both the aboriginal cpp
wrapper as well as the original cpp binary.

Originally, my script was running cpp -P -w file.in file.out, which is
incompatible with the wrapper although a valid cpp syntax.. The cpp
binary does not care about a source type, while cc does. The above
resolves that issue and any other anomalies that caused my confusion.

Moving on ;-)

On 1/31/2012 11:08 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 01/31/2012 08:26 PM, tony at stclaire.com wrote:
>

>> Never mind, I think a looped wrapper using "-x c" for non-c files may
>> suffice.
>>
> I'd appreciate a test case so I know if what I'm implementing works.
> Right now I haven't got anything that actually uses cpp...

Tony Tonchev
St. Claire, inc.
248-553-2474