[Aboriginal] mdadm issue, including qemu images.

Piotr Karbowski piotr.karbowski at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 08:57:14 PDT 2012

On 03/17/2012 03:38 AM, Rob Landley wrote:
> mknod("/dev/.tmp.md.785:8:17", S_IFBLK|0600, makedev(8, 17,)) = 0
> open("/dev/.tmp.md.785:8:17", O_RDWR|O_EXCL|O_DIRECT|O_LARGEFILE) = 6
> ioctl(6, BLKPG, 0xbfd22f88) = -1 EINVAL
>
> Last line repeated bunches of times.
>
> According to linux/blkpg.h BLKPG is some random constant (_IO(0x1s,105))
> and then the argument is:
>
> struct blkpg_ioctl_arg {
>    int op;
>    int flags;
>    int datalen;
>    void *data;
> };
>
> And then it gets complicated.  Since strace isn't dumping the associated
> structure argument, so I need to rebuild the command and stick printf()
> calls into it to dump out the structure contents.
>
> Where do I get mdadm and is there anything to building it other than
> ./configure; make; make install?

You can use better-initramfs's scripts, like cd
better-initramfs/bootstrap and:
./lebuild init i686
./lebuild build mdadm

first will fetch and unpack aboriginal i686 into build_dir/
next will unpack sources and build it into chroot, thus it need to be
run as root.

the scripts to build mdadm are in lebuilds/mdadm.lebuild, if you have
any patches you can place it under patches/mdadm/ and lebuild will apply
them.

after build mdadm the mdadm binary will be in output/mdadm

repo https://slashbeast@github.com/slashbeast/better-initramfs.git

-- Piotr.