[Aboriginal] LFS 7.3 toybox issue

Prasanna Balan prazzb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 12:51:43 PDT 2013

Hello
I am struck in package shadow as it needs chmod -f. However chmod -f
isn't yet implemented in toybox. So I just pushed it above in
baseconfig-busybox. However, it still had the same issue. On further
search, I found that busybox is building chmod but toybox is
overwriting it.
Then it dawned that toybox doesn't parse baseconfig-busybox but rather
does defconfig.

Is there a reason why it is done this way or such issue never came
up??
Should I just patch toybox to do chmod as default n ???
There are points on both sides so I would like to get an opinion.

prazzb