[Aboriginal] armv4tl floating exception message in guest

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Apr 3 11:41:47 PDT 2013

On 04/03/2013 07:31:24 AM, mobi phil wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> > I am, as I type this, uploading a new release. :)
> thanks,  indeed it works now.
>
> I assume you did not read my second email (strace, gdb., symbols etc )
> those tools and some other minimal infrastructure could make these
> kind of bug-fix-round-trips shorter, thus more productive both for you
> and others.

Static strace binaries are in the "extras" directory, you should be
able to fetch them with wget through the virtual network. They may not
have uploaded for this release (200k/second times a large number of
megabytes, and I can't upload from this netbook at woork but only out
and lunch and such). But the old versions are generally under
http://landley.net/aboriginal/downloads/old/binaries/ (although in this
case 1.2.2 probably isn't populated yet because instead of logging into
the server and doing a "mv" of the old files I just did the mv locally
on my netbook and let rsync handle it, and it has to re-upload the old
files. At 200k/second. It'll take a while. Given the order rsync's
doing things in, the new extras dir should go up before 1.2.2 does.)

Adding gdb is a perpetual todo item, I think my most recent stab at it
was somewhere around http://landley.net/notes-2010.html#15-02-2010 but
mostly I don't use gdb, so I wait for people who do to note its absence.

I can try to take another stab at it for next release, if you like.