[Aboriginal] Linux From Scratch build.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Aug 24 22:43:23 PDT 2013

On 08/22/2013 05:09:43 PM, John Spencer wrote:
> On 08/22/2013 10:49 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
>> The existing LFS build got broken by the posix_spawn() patch, because
>> gnu/dammit m4 is detecting it's there and trying to grab gnu-specific
>> undocumented fields out of the guts of some structure in its
>> implementation. Those fields aren't there in the backported uClibc
>> patch, so the build breaks.
>
> IIRC the problem is due to m4's autoconf test omitting the necessary
> -lrt LDFLAGS.

Oh, status report. The new laptop build aboriginal for all targets and
built LFS under all those targets except sparc, which broke in the
"bison" build due to yet more posix_spawn() confusion that seems to
only hit sparc? Weeeeird. Not quite sure what's up there, but not
hugely bothered by it either since sparc's new and not as tested as the
others.

Well, and these targets don't really work either:

   m68k: still no emulator to run it.
   sh4: still only 64 megs on the board.
   armeb: still unfinished.
   alpha: half-implemented.
   mips64: I'm using the old API which seems to have bit rotted, need
to redo.

But arm, power, mips, and x86 all built. So releasing with linux for
workgroups should be fine when it comes out.