[Aboriginal] Toybox fails to build, No tarball? (mkdir missing on rerun)

Milo Hoffmann lineage2005 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 21:10:39 PST 2013

Rob or list,

I am experiencing similar symptoms as described by chase. I'm not sure
it's the same issue, so I started a new thread.

I'm running aboriginal 1.2.2 (release tarball) extracted in a running
T2 (the SDE) Kernel-based Virtual Machine guest.

I run a build.sh i686-virtio build and the busybox build completes
fine and then the toybox build dies with no tarball.

A second run produces the mkdir error.

Oddly enough, the echo $PATH on the first fail does list the usual
suspects (/usr/local/sbin,/usr/local/bin,/usr/sbin,/usr/bin,/sbin,/bin)
and I visually confirmed the presence of toybox-0.4.2.tar.bz2 in
aboriginal-1.2.2/packages.

Setting NO_ SANITIZE_ENVIRONMENT=1 did not improve the situation.
Setting BUSYBOX=1 did not improve the situation.
Note, I ran rm -rf build after each fail followed by two build.sh
i686-virtio (just to confirm the mkdir error each time)

I'm continuing to look at it, maybe tomorrow when I'm not half asleep,
but a nudge in the right direction of what I'm missing would be
appreciated.

Milo