[Aboriginal] Replacing bash with mksh

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jun 4 03:13:09 PDT 2013

On 05/31/2013 03:00:09 AM, Niklas Larsson wrote:
> Another nice thing with mksh is that it's the default shell in Android
> since Ice cream sandwich.

It might be nice to try to build linux from scratch with it and see
what breaks. I've restarted my 7.3 conversion pass last weekend and I'm
going to try to switch on the compiler and libc builds this time, but
I'm doing it under bash first.

Ideally I want to get toysh implemented ASAP, and might take some code
from the public domain version of mksh to help that. In practice,
neither of my last two day jobs has been particularly amenable to
having as much free time to program as I'd like, and scheduled stuff
likekeeping up with kernel releases (3 targets currently broken in
3.10-rc4) take priority. Plus I should really finish the musl
switchover...

Working on it. :)