[Aboriginal] The perl patches went upstream!

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Mar 1 20:27:13 PST 2013

After only 5 years! Woo!

They didn't go into 3.8, but might be in 3.8-rc1. (Actually it looks
like Peter Anvin provided his own implementation for one of them, but
using "bc" instead of perl is fine by me, it's in posix. I can write a
toybox version that does it right if necessary.)

So 3.8 is out but I've got bug that reproduce on arm and powerpc to fix
before I can cut a release. Got a bit sidetracked by work and toybox
and speaking at CELF about why I'm doing toybox(outline
http://landley.net/talks/celf-2013.txt and video should go up at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLinuxFoundation one of these days).

Working on it...