[Aboriginal] LFS 7.3 toybox issue

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri May 17 22:40:26 PDT 2013

Sorry, I've had this in my drafts for a month. (Got buried by dayjob,
finally taking a weekend to catch up a bit...)

On 04/15/2013 02:51:43 PM, Prasanna Balan wrote:
> Hello
> I am struck in package shadow as it needs chmod -f. However chmod -f
> isn't yet implemented in toybox. So I just pushed it above in
> baseconfig-busybox. However, it still had the same issue. On further
> search, I found that busybox is building chmod but toybox is
> overwriting it.

Did I forget to switch off chmod in busybox? Ah, no I didn't. The
"stuff in toybox" comment is used to indicate the point at which to
chop the file. From sources/sections/busybox.build:

   getconfig busybox | sed '/toybox/,$d' > "$WORK/config-busybox"

Note that if you run "build/host/busybox" it won't list chmod.

> Then it dawned that toybox doesn't parse baseconfig-busybox but rather
> does defconfig.

Toybox is gradually replacing busybox in aboriginal. Once I get a
toybox command working, I switch off the corresponding busybox command.
(You can set BUSYBOX=1 in config to use disable the toybox build and
busybox defconfig instead.)

> Is there a reason why it is done this way or such issue never came
> up??

Because toybox is replacing busybox as I get commands implemented.

> Should I just patch toybox to do chmod as default n ???

No, I just patched toybox to support -f.