[Aboriginal] bootstrapping llvm

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Sep 25 08:11:00 PDT 2013

On 09/24/2013 09:00:57 PM, Alain Toussaint wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For the next 3 month, I'll work toward bootstrapping llvm into
> aboriginal.
> I'll first dissect the sources of aboriginal's bash script which are
> responsible for creating a cross-compiler as well as a native one in
> aboriginal's qemu images and I also plan to register on the various
> llvm
> mailing list applicable to the project.

Yay!

I sent you some links already. If you can build a cross compiler even
without a libc and use that to build a kernel, that's a huge step up.
(We can use the existing root filesystem images to test said kernel,
then tackle libc and such as a second pass. The kernel build shouldn't
use any external libraries for the target code. The host code uses the
host compiler, of course.)

If uClibc doesn't build out of the box, I should have musl in before
too much longer. That's been built with llvm before.